formerly Saltbox Prairie/In Bed By Eight/Bravely Joyful/Beyond Yesterday/honestly/Whimsical Meanderings
Old Blogger – New Blog
I’ve been creating websites since 1999 (hello, Geocities – until I taught myself HTML then goodbye, Geocities.) and I’ve been blogging since 2001, but never in one place long enough to stay there. I started out using Greymatter – a cgi script – for quite awhile on my site Cobblestone Lane. (Which is no longer around.) I’ve been on LiveJournal, Xanga, Blogger, and probably other places I can’t even remember. And these have all been deleted at some point. I began using WordPress in 2006, but again I moved blogs and changed URLs so many times! I’m hoping this one will stick. 😉 I struggle with contentment.
So, hi, I’m Jen! I’m 43 and I live in Michigan with my hubby of 24 years and our 4 kids – three grown and the youngest is 13. Kid #3 is in the Navy. I have multiple chronic illnesses but the *big three* being Fibromyalgia, Chronic Migraines & IBS. (If you’re interested in the full listing of illnesses click here.) At this point, I’m about 95% housebound. Despite that I am homeschooling our youngest. I’m a Jesus girl, saved by grace – I grew up in a Christian home but I have learned SO MUCH about God from being ill – far more than I ever did in church, but that’s a whole other story. I’ve been through so much – I’m talking soap opera worthy stuff here – again, another story for another time.
This blog is a little bit personal, a little bit practical and -I hope- a lot bit useful. I’ll be posting on homeschooling, homemaking, chronic illness, blogging, reviews, and creating printables for you – with some personal stuff thrown in because I’m a real person. 😉
Other places to find me: (my TpT shop will be keeping my previous blog name of Saltbox Prairie)
Other useless facts:
- I’m an introvert. ISFP-T
- I love all things vintage.
- I’m obsessed with Christmas. Bronner’s is my happy place. When I was a kid I wanted to work there when I grew up. Or live there. 😀
- I prefer books over movies (favorite authors include Jane Austen, LM Montgomery, LM Alcott, Ann Hite, Beatriz Williams and many more.)
- I collect a lot of things: Ty Attic Treasures bears, gnomes, nutcrackers, Stormtroopers, and Cat’s Meow Villages to name a few.
- I’m a writer and historian.
- I’m a closet Phineas & Ferb addict.
- I laugh too loud and probably too often.
- I’m passionate about chronic illness advocacy.
- I love scrapbooks, planners, junk journals (but mostly I just hoard craft supplies.)
- Hufflepuff / Jedi
Oh, and I like gifs. A lot.
Be sure to sign up for exclusive freebies and updates!